Today, the moviemaking industry is full of talented actors. However, Teyonah Parris is one of the most exciting names in acting at the moment.
A future star was welcomed and raised in South Carolina, where she attended Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities. Then she relocated to New York to pursue an acting career professionally and was accepted to a prestigious Julliard School.
Teyonah debuted on a big screen in 2010, having starred in legal and political drama television series called The Good Wife. That same year she also featured in two short films: Empire Corner and Wu is Dead. In 2012 she got a recurring role in TV series Mad Men, where she appeared in 22 episodes, playing Dawn Chambers.
The main breakthrough in the celebrity’s path to prominence happened in 2014 when she portrayed Colandrea Conners in a comedy-drama film Dear White People.
Nowadays, Parris can boast of starring in a number of successful television projects. To name just a few: Chi-Raq, 90 Days, Survivor’s Remorse, The Photograph, Point Blank and many others.
Yet, this is not all we would like to share about such a gifted person. Here are top 5 little-known facts about her life that will definitely surprise you:
- Her net worth is estimated at around 2 million dollars.
- Her main hobbies include: traveling and acting.
- Paris and the Netherlands are her favorite destinations.
- Her favorite color is off white.
- As a teen she was involved with pageants but very soon understood that it wasn’t her cup of tea. In addition, they were quite limiting, exhausting and expensive.